Saturday, August 15, 2009

8.15.09

OK yum...we haven't even eaten yet, but the smells filling my house are amazing. We are having this awesome looking dish and baked sweet potatoes drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. I cannot wait to eat!

Today was exhausting. While working out this morning I noticed that one of our trees in the backyard seemed lower than normal. It was...a full third of the tree had broken off and was on the ground. Brett and I had planned on spending the day killing our lawn so that we could replant in a month, alas we spent the day cleaning up 30 feet of Bradford Pear tree! A friend of my parent's, who works for the forest service, came over to check out what was going on...we have to cut the tree down. I am really upset because it is the tree outside our bedroom windows and provides such amazing shade. Oh, well it kicked our butts into gear about getting our yard in shape. I think we are going to buy a couple of dwarf apple trees to replace the Bradford Pear. They will not get as tall as this tree did and then threaten our home.

Edith spent the day playing, napping, and eating. She was adorable as always! She pulled herself up onto her knees in her crib by pulling up on the side. She was very excited all day today, lots of laughs and squeals. I did find that she had cornered her pink monkey, Baby Dangle, in her crib during nap time today. She was holding him in the corner and squealing at him!

No comments:

Post a Comment