Saturday, October 19, 2013

31 Days of Less and More

After a VERY long break I am going to attempt to blog again.  This time I am blogging with a purpose,  I stumbled upon a fantastic blog by Ruth Soukup about simplifying her family's life.  I have struggled with all the "stuff" we have in our very small house.  I have been overwhelmed on an almost daily basis.  I am truly fed up with all of the stuff.  I feel like all I do when I get home from work is clean my house, and my family relationships are suffering.
I have a bit of baggage in my past, and my husband signed on for all of it.  I know that I have spent years using all the stuff in our lives to avoid dealing with this baggage.  Our jobs, our clutter, and our kids have been essential in this wonderful avoidance technique, but I am done with it...TODAY.
So, I am blogging again for public accountability and to just chronicle this journay so that sometime in the future I can look at what I have accomplished.
Enjoy!

The following pictures are me admitting we have a problem...

                                                  Chaos...not good for me, not good for them!
                                                                       Clutter closet
                                                                  "Toy chest???"
                                                                         Frat House
More chaos

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Excited to see how this goes! I need to simplify as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also excited to watch your journey. Our house the last two years was more than double the size of the house we own. So now we are back to our home and I am unpacking the boxes from NZ and storage, I realize we don't have space or more importantly, the need for it all. I am filling up boxes of stuff to sell and give away, but really need to focus on that stuff we left in storage while we are gone. Why am I keeping the stuff I only see when we move?

    ReplyDelete