Monday, October 21, 2013

31 Days of Less and More--Day 3

Less bitterness, and more forgiveness.



That's a good one for me.  I have bitterness about a few things, things I cannot change.  I know the only way I will ever be able to be really happy is to let go of the bitterness.  Often I will find myself wishing that I could go out with friends at a moment's notice.  I watch (with envy) coworkers get together and have fun.  It almost feels like I'm being left out, and I am.  However, I am being left out because I always say I can't go.  With two little ones I can't go out at the last minute, and that has to be ok.  What I can get at the last minute is  a fabulous game of Chutes and Ladders with my oldest.  I also get smothered in kisses, like I did tonight from my youngest.  I get to have that, and that is awesome.  I have to let the bitterness go and look at what I been blessed with.  Since starting this challenge I have spent more time with my husband and children.  We have played games and gone to the pumpkin patch to make pumpkin men and find sleep gourds.  How can I let this time of creativity and imagination in my girls pass me by because I felt left out???  So, tonight I am going to spend time praying about letting the bitterness go, and letting the forgiveness come.
E's pumpkin man
The "sleeping gourd"

No comments:

Post a Comment